After our Monday appointment we decided to follow the recommendation to start putting some rice cereal in Kylie's nightly bottle (of pumped breast milk). She gets the bottle her last feeding of the day so that M has some dedicated time with her and we are sure she's getting a full feed before putting her down. Well, the first night we introduced rice cereal to the bottle was Tuesday night and she slept nine hours. The second night was last night and she slept ten hours 8-) I actually woke her up at 8am to feed and take our daily walk before it got too hot. I can't even tell you how much having two full nights sleep in a row feels. I am a brand new woman...it rocks!!! Sleep is not over rated. The purpose of the rice cereal is to help with the reflux and the jury is still out on if it's helping that or not...but I'll take the extra sleep side effect.
Only down side to this new nightly schedule is that now I have no idea what her daily schedule is. Her naps are at different times for different lengths. But it's a problem I'm willing to deal with =) Probably TMI but she seems to be having some trouble going #2 so hopefully the cereal doesn't stop her up. She was going 3-4 times a day and now hasn't gone since yesterday morning. I'm honestly scared to see her diaper when things let loose *lol*
Since I can't post without including a picture, here's Kylie wishing it was hockey season =) We so thought this onsie would fit this fall but it appears she's growing so fast it's more summer wear!

Glad to hear that you are getting such a graet side effect from the cereal! I hope she keeps it up. Keep the pics coming. She's such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteOh you can't imagine how much I love the Avs onesie! :) And I can't wait for hockey season to get here either so I can get Colton in his hockey gear. Glad to hear you've gotten 2 night of glorious sleep too...I bet it was amazing!
ReplyDeleteoh the chubbiness! so cutee!! =)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got 2 full nights sleep!! Sleep really does make a world of difference!
What a lovely side effect!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteSO cute!
Woo hoo for sleep! What a difference!!! It makes me want to sneak rice cereal into Bug's daily bottle and he's not even here yet!!!
ReplyDeleteGo hockey!! (though Bruins, not Avs ;)
Hooray for sleep! Hope it helps with the reflux too!! Love the pic, too cute!
ReplyDeleteSo adorable!!!:)
ReplyDeleteYAY! Thats awesome. We put cereal in Jules' bottle for reflux as well, but it didn't make much of a sleep difference. However, I will say that (sorry) Josh couldn't do rice ceral b/c he made him SO constipated. In fact, when we started feeding him cereal, we went straight to oatmeal. Hopefully that isn't kylie's case, and she "goes" soon, lol!!
ReplyDelete