Hey there bloggy friends! Hope everyone is doing well and had a good weekend =)
We had a nice lazy weekend. Friday night was homemade pizza night after a long week at work. Saturday we got new tires on M's car and while we waited we did a little Target shopping for canvas toy bins that fit in our entertainment center shelves (to hide the ever increasing number of living room toys), a few clothes for the wee beast who is growing by leaps and bounds almost daily it seems, and also some size 3 diapers (holy crap!). We're giving the target brand ones a shot because blow outs were happening a lot with the others. Anyone ever use them? After our Target adventure we went to lunch at Qdoba and then to PetSmart to let Kylie see some animals. Her favorites were the birds, much to M's chagrin...he seriously dislikes birds for some reason. She also liked the fish and we also got some more for our fish tank since the natural selection process seems to be alive and well and the number of fish had dwindled. Kylie really enjoys watching them these days so we figured we'd give her more to look at. The rest of the day was spent grocery shopping and chillin around the house.
Yesterday we took massive naps (2.5 hrs) in the morning since Kylie's clock wasn't exactly switched yet and she got us up at 4:30 for the day. At least she let us take the naps! Then we ran some errands, I went to the gym and M went for a run. The weather has been beautiful here, in the 70's and not one flake of snow yet. That's suppose to change this week though and we're expecting some on Thursday. M has requested that I don't talk about when he is leaving for his trip or getting back because after all we don't know who reads this blog...he worries about his girls =) He doesn't ask for much so I won't blog about it anymore but just know that I may be on radio silence for a while.
This has gotten long so I'll save my updates for our new nightly routine and this weeks plans for another time. And since I know the real reason any of you read...here are a couple pix of Kylie ;-) The skunk is her new car toy and was actually purchased out of the *gulp* pet toy section of Walgreens after I showed it to her and she decided to slobber all over it and wouldn't let it go. We've named him Pepe.
This has gotten long so I'll save my updates for our new nightly routine and this weeks plans for another time. And since I know the real reason any of you read...here are a couple pix of Kylie ;-) The skunk is her new car toy and was actually purchased out of the *gulp* pet toy section of Walgreens after I showed it to her and she decided to slobber all over it and wouldn't let it go. We've named him Pepe.
This is us just before bed time after her bath. I love those cheeks!!!
Hope you all have a great week!!!


I cannot get enough of those cheeks. She has to be one of the happiest babies I've ever seen. Her smile just makes me smile! I hope everything goes well with M's trip and he returns home quickly. Enjoy your "girls" time. :)
ReplyDeleteYou know, Eirik has a toy thats just like a squeaky dog toy and I always think to myself it would probably be cheaper to get a dog toy that squeaks for him! =)
ReplyDeleteI personally have never used Target diapers but my friend swears by them! Its all she uses now!
And as always, totally adorable photos!! Those chubby cheeks... =) What size is she in now?
Kylie is so so cute! I love those cheeks!
ReplyDeleteThose cheeks just make me squirm with the cuteness! Seriously she is so ridiculously adorable.
ReplyDeleteAnd, that's too funny about the dog toy! :)
Seriously, what you call a restful weekend just about exhausted me reading about it! Yeesh! :)
Loving the pics (and the cheeks) so much!! Sounds like you got a lot accomplished on your 'lazy' weekend. Somehow mine was a bit more on the true lazy side.
ReplyDeleteMy hubs is always telling people that he's out of town all week and I just want to punch him. But, that's in real life - not on a blog. : ) Hope he's home soon!!
I can not get over Kylie's smile every time I see it = ) Beautiful! Hope your week is going smooth! I am thinking of you as I transition into solo daytime mommyhood!!
ReplyDeleteKylie has the same carseat we do! She, however, looks much happier in it than my kiddos did after four days of cross-country riding.
ReplyDeleteTarget diapers are great! They are the only diaper that stood up to the Collin pee test. My SIL swears by Huggies in the size 3. She says the smaller sizes are not as good.
ReplyDeleteYum, I love those cheeks too!!! Pinchable perfection! And I can't wait to hear about your new nightly routine but I totally am with M and his protective instincts, so I'll be patient!
ReplyDeleteI just love a freshly washed baby!
ReplyDelete