I could get use to this! She went down at 9 and got up at 7 with one minor wakeup around 2:30. She fussed for 1-2 minutes and went back to sleep without our help. Apparently she loves the swaddle so we won't try to transition her out of it again. The only reason I tried before is because of the safety aspect but I feel comfortable with the fact that we have both an angel care monitor and a video monitor on her so we'll know if something isn't right. Plus she has no interest in rolling in her sleep so hopefully it's not an issue. Maybe she'll still be sleeping in the swaddle when she's 5 but who cares ;-)
Hopefully the swaddle will continue to work and we don't have to do CIO but if we do I appreciate the advice and the links to more advice. I think we'll also stick with the 2-3 naps a day. If she's sleeping well at night I don't feel the need to monkey with those =) Good to know what to watch for though. Not sure what I'd do without you girls!
I'm so glad the swaddle is still working for you!! Eirik started getting angry in it... thats why we stopped. that and he could get out of it in 10 seconds!
ReplyDeleteI never answered your nap question in your last post, but the reason we knew he was ready for 2 instead of 3 was his awake time was longer so his second nap got later in the day so we realized he didn't really have "time" for the 3rd one. we did adjust his bedtime a little too at the same time. =)
Hurray!!
ReplyDeleteBTW, Noah was rolling in his swaddle like crazy for the last month or two he was swaddled. He would even squirm all over his crib and turn around and whatnot WHILE swaddled. He slept on his stomach IN HIS SWADDLE 90% of the time. That was when I realized he was ready to be unswaddled. I was very wary of taking him out again because I had tried before around 6 months and failed (like you just did). But when we took him out at 8 months he was ready and there was no difference to his sleep.
Kylie's time will come! But if she does roll over while swaddled, I wouldn't worry too much. I freaked the first couple of times, but then I realized that whenever I used to sleep on my stomach (it's been over a year and a half) I would sleep with my arms down at my sides. Which isn't any different from being swaddled. And Noah could roll both ways.
Yay! I guess she just wasn't ready! I think that I may end up sending one of my boys to college swaddled. He just completely relaxes when I put him in it (I use the true womb swaddler so they can move more, but not startle themselves).
ReplyDeleteYou must be so happy to be sleeping again.
I am sorry I have not posted much lately -- I am so glad that the swaddling is helping you and Kylie to get a little more sleep = ) I am not sure what we would do without the swaddle - we call it the Power of the Swaddle! Thinking of you!!
ReplyDeleteHow do you like the angel care monitor? our little guy was in his crib for the first time last night and we have a video monitor but I was wondering about the angel care monitor too? My DH thinks I am crazy for wanting both.