Tuesday, March 29, 2011

10 Months!

How in the world can she be this old already?!?!  Here are some updates on Miss Kylie:

Stats:

We don't have a doctors appointment this month so we have to rely on the not so trusty method of the bathroom scale and the soft tape measure.  She's weighing in at 19lb3oz (44th %) and measures 27.75" (39th %).  Growth has really slowed in the last few months.   

Food:

She's now nursing 4 times a day (7am, 11am, 3pm, 5:30pm) and getting one bottle of pumped milk at 7:45pm.  M gives her this bottle and we figure it's great for daddy/daughter time and also for keeping her ability to take a bottle.  So-far-so-good on the milk supply which I'm very relieved about. I honestly thought I'd be itching to stop b/f by this point (actually if I didn't think I'd make it this long) but now I'm wavering on weaning.  I think I'll probably continue b/f until one or both of us are over it, which may be around a year or it may not. 

She is also eating three meals a day and is getting very independent about wanting to feed herself. It makes for some very messy and cute times.  Her morning meal is oatmeal and apple sauce, her mid day meal is typically a puree veggie and then cut up veggies, grains and fruit.  And dinner is typically little pieces of whatever we're having for dinner.  She's a really good eater and likes most things.  We're surprised to find that she LOVES chicken and ground beef...I thought most kids didn't really like meats but not my girl...maybe that's why I craved cheese burgers through my whole pregnancy ;-)  We've started her drinking a little water (maybe 1 oz a day) in a sippy at meals but she's not getting any juices or anything.

Favorite Toys:

Anything that makes noise or can be thrown under a couch.  Extra credit for something that makes noise AND can be thrown under the couch =)  She's still into her jumperoo and it always gets her to poop so that's a bonus.  She's into fine motor stuff right now so she loves things with lights, buttons, and small pieces she can move around.

Skills:

She's sitting unassisted for an hour or more at a time playing and can scoot around on her butt in a circle. She doesn't travel real far that way, maybe a foot or so over 10-15 minutes.  Tummy time isn't hated as much as it has been but it's still not a favorite.  She can lift her upper body and look around but then typically rolls back over and can't go from a lying to a sitting position on her own yet.  She moves the most in her crib at night and can really fly around in there.  No progress on crawling or walking really.  She is starting to straighten her legs when you're holding her and stand which she hadn't been doing before a few weeks ago.  The ladies at daycare think she's going to skip crawling.  We're not worried about the mobility...she'll get there and we're just enjoying her being a baby for a while longer. 

Right now she says four words and knows what they mean.  They are mama, dada, dog and duck.  She's also working on saying light but it's a hard one.  Sometimes she babbles her words in general while she plays but when she's focused on you and you ask where one of these things are she looks directly at it or points at it so we're pretty sure she has them down.  She claps, waves, points at things, plays peek-a-boo and does "SO big".   It seems like each day this last month she had some sort of new skill.  Amazing how fast things change!

Sleep:

We're doing good on this front right now.  She's sleeping from 8:30pm to 7am.  Once or twice a week we'll have to make one trip down to give her back the pacifier that has somehow gotten away from her but that's it and she goes right back to sleep.  The swaddle finally got too small earlier this month so we've moved into a halo sleep sack (size medium) and she really likes it.  Her naps have gotten more regular.  She typically sleeps from 9-11am and 1-3pm.  For the most part she's dropped her evening cat nap. 

Picture:

This is Kylie today getting a present from my Mom - a beautiful Easter dress =)  I love the sly smile!


Videos:

This was taken yesterday and is Kylie kissing herself in the mirror.  So important to love yourself =)


And here's another video taken yesterday of her dancing and clapping. 


Happy birthday my little angel love =)

8 comments:

  1. OMG that "kisses" video is SO cute!!! Love the smile with the dress, too. She looks so impressed with herself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is almost a year old. My gosh! She's just beautiful, too. I love the Easter dress...it's my favorite color. What a cute smile, too. Great update, mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i LOVE the easter dress!! thats so adorable!

    Shes getting so big!! its so much fun when they start responding to everything and really playing with you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE her easter dress! :) SO frilly and cute! Can't believe we are almost in April and then the next month is MAY! EEK! Can't see the video at work but will check it out later! Im sure it is amazingly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love that cheeky little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, she is gorgeous! I can't believe she's already 10 months. Her Easter dress is adorable and I love that sly smile, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how much she is learning! Good for you on the BF! I'm so not rushing the boys into crawling or walking. They can take their time. I just can't wait for them to sit up. I think that will be so much more fun for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness she is so cute!! I just love that pic of her with the dress- she looks like she's saying "I KNOW I'm cute!"

    ReplyDelete