We are now back and mostly recovered from our Portland trip. It was wonderful to see my cousin, his wife and their two kids. We did some really fun things, but my-oh-my is traveling with a toddler a whole different experience, and honestly I'm not sure can be classified as vacation =) It didn't help that my cousins kids are on a much later schedule that we are at home and the time difference exaggerated that.
The flight out was a nightmare. Kylie's ear infection created ~45 minutes of screaming both on departure and arrival. Most of the people around us were understanding but one major a-hole announced "a little home eq lesson for you parents...teach your kids to be quiet!" at the end of the flight. Nice. The rest of that day was touch and go since she didn't have more than 30 minutes of sleep on the plane and didn't nap at all after that.
Luckily she slept 12 hours that night and we were off and running the next day. We went to the Zoo and the park and she loved both. The following day we played around the house in the morning and went to another park in the afternoon where Kylie played in the sand with her cousins. So cute. The last full day we were there was my cousin's son's 4th b-day at Chuck-E-Cheese. Kylie had a full on fascination with the mouse and actually wanted the mouse to hold her (he didn't). It was pretty funny.
In the evenings after all the kids were down we spent adult time in the pub my cousin has built in his house. It comes complete with a shuffle board table, dart board and local micro brew on tap...nice! All in all a great trip. We are happy to be home and on our schedule again though.
Here are a few pictures, this is Kylie with her cousins Jack (4) and Laney (7).
Playing in the sand
View of Portland from Washington Park
I'm sorry the flight was so rough but glad she had a great time with her cousins and the giant mouse :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great vacation minus the flight! Glad she seemed to enjoy it! =)
ReplyDeleteSorry about the rough flight! It sounds like you had a great time regardless!I love the time away, but love getting back on schedule too. I find comfort in a schedule. I guess I'm a big baby!
ReplyDeleteThe mouse fascination made me laugh:)
ReplyDeleteAnd that guy DOES sound like an a-hole. Like you can do much with a 1 year old on a plane. It's not like you can say "Be quiet" and it will work. I'm sure he knows everything there is to know...
OMG. I can't believe that utter a-hole!! Yes, I'm sure YOU enjoyed her screaming and didn't even think to try to comfort her. Sheesh.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the rest of the trip was fun even if exhausting!
It sounds you guys had fun with family at a really beautiful place! love the pics, as always:)
ReplyDelete