Thursday, May 29, 2014

She's 4!

I promised pictures so here they are =)

The cupcake table, such a nice setting at our local park.  It was a beautiful day and a perfect 75 degrees.

 This was her cupcake cake and the whipped frosting was so light and yummy!  Plus it's just darn cute.

Sandwich fixins.  Might be hard to see but M made a crown serving tray that had K's name spelled out in puffy paint amongst the jewels at the top.  Such a good daddy!


We hired a face painter and all the kids really liked it.  She was really good and FAST.  She painted 16 kids in an hour.  I was pretty impressed.  K got a snowflake (for Frozen of course) on one cheek, a unicorn on the other cheek and a butterfly on her arm.

K and two of her besties from school enjoying lunch (sandwiches, gold fish, string cheese, carrots and bananas).

Everyone grabbed a string and pulled at the same time to open the pinata.  Such an improvement over the kind you hit with a stick!

All the kiddos picking out their perfect cupcake
Paddle boat ride on the coveted pink flamingo.

Opening presents at home after the party.  This was the first time we did it this way and it was so much better.  

Her favorite friend gift, a pooping dog *oh my*

Family picture from this morning since we forgot to get one at her party on Monday

She got a new bike from us and is doing a great job at learning to ride it!

This is a collage I've made of this day the last five years.  Can't believe she's already 4!

A few fun stories/notes from today:

  • On the way to school I told her I loved being her mommy and she said "even when I'm misbehaving?"  A tear came to my eye.
  • When given a choice for anywhere or anything she wanted for dinner she chose "Old McDonald's".
  • She has an "irritated taste bug". No matter how many times I try to tell her it's "bud" not "bug" she still calls it that.  Hilarious!

4 comments:

  1. Ack! They're growing up too fast!! It looks like an awesome party, and I'm super envious that you have a nice body of water at your local park. That flamingo paddle boat looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Looks like a great party. We had the same princess cake toppers for L's 3rd birthday cake - imagine that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very awesome and adorable!! How on earth is she 4 already? Where does the time go?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so cute! What a fun party!

    ReplyDelete