Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thump....thump....

YIPPY!!!! Kylie has now officially kicked hard enough for me to know it's her and not just some other body function. The best part is that my husband got to feel it too =) That was Thursday night and now I can feel her be-bopping around in there a few times a day. Feels like air bubbles...but really cool ones! My belly is starting to grow a lot, which you can see for yourself in this weeks pic at 23weeks:



Now that I've shared the best part of my week I'll share the frustrating part too. My due date is 6/5 and they mentioned scheduling my c-section (needed because of a LAP surgery to remove fibroids in Dec of 08) at 39 weeks. That falls on 5/29 which is a Saturday and a day they don't schedule "elective" surgeries. It also happens to be memorial day weekend. They suggested the Tuesday after, which is 6/1. However if I do it on 5/28 at 38w6d I could have out of town family (namely my DH's folks) in over the weekend and I could use the holiday time off work as part of my leave (every little bit helps!). The doctor says that anything before 39 weeks requires an amnio the day before to make sure her lungs are developed and ready to go...really?!?! 24 hrs early requires an amnio? I think it's ridiculous but decided I would just schedule the amnio on 5/27 and the c/s and try to talk them out of it later. Of course if Kylie decides on her own to come earlier than 39 weeks I won't need it. Sometimes these "guidelines" just seem silly... The great new out of all of that though is that I have a date scheduled! Something my type-A brain loves =)

8 comments:

  1. Wahoo for feeling movement!! its such an amazing feeling! Even though its all the time now I am still amazed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to feel her the first time!!!
    Your bump looks really cute;)
    As for the stubborn doctors, I hope you can find a compromise and you can avoid the poking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful to feel Kylie and your bump is adorable!!

    That's so obnoxious about the C-section timing. I love when doctor's seem to think that there is a switch that goes from ON to OFF at a certain point. They do it for results of blood tests, age issues, etc. It's crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for movement!!! That's so exciting. And you just keep looking cuter and cuter with your little bump. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww you look precious! I remember vividly when Jake first felt the first kick (it was Jules) it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I am really baffled by the amnino before 39 weeks. Full term is considered at 37. That just seems unneccesary to me. Strange!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An Amnio because of 24hrs? Ugh, how silly. Why are there so many silly rules? You look adorable and I'm so excited that you're feeling some kicks now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so adorable!! So weird about the amnio - 24 hours, really....

    ReplyDelete