Yesterday we visited the hospital for a tour. The first half had to do with the labor and delivery side of the floor. We got to see a L&D room which was nice and had a great view of the mountains...but we won't ever be there, we'll only be in one of the surgical rooms and recovery room. They don't tour the surgical room for obvious reasons but we did pass by the recovery room. I guess I'll be in surgery and recovery for 3-4 hours. So we figure around noon I'll be moving over to the Mom/Baby side of the floor. I guess when you're wheeled over they play a lullaby and you get to visit with family who has been waiting for a few minutes. Then they have your family go to lunch or whatever while you get settled in your room.
The rooms on the M&B side have queen size hospital beds so your DH can stay with you...we're pretty happy about that =) I'd feel bad if he had to sleep on some uncomfortable pull out thing for 3 days. The hospital seems really flexible on doing anything you want during labor and during recovery. It's nice to feel like you have some control there. They gave us a packet of info at the end of the tour that included general hospital info, a list of what they suggest you bring to the hospital, lactation info, baby classes, car seat installers in the area, and a call list for the hospital (all visitors have to check in and if they aren't on your list they won't let them in without checking with you). I've spent a good portion of today going to the store and buying some stuff for the hospital and trying to get the bag stuff together. Hopefully this will ensure that Kylie doesn't arrive until her due date!
This week I'm planning on making an appointment for the car seat installation and check with insurance that lactation services are covered. Feels like it's coming up fast now...my DH still says he thinks it feels like forever away. I think that has something to do with him not being the one they're cutting into ;-) Here's a pic from yesterday at our 33 week mark...

Again, you are just adorable as ever :) I love that top!
ReplyDeleteMy DH would be very jealous of your DH and the queen sized bed. Our M&B room is probably 10x12 - no lie! It's so freakin' tiny!
Sooo exciting that you're getting so close now! YAY!
Oh the bump is so cute!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so lucky to get the queen sized bed in your recovery room! My DH had to sleep on the little pull out thing and it was not very comfortable! Also whenever I needed him I had to either yell or throw something at him to get his attention!
that bump is getting SO CUTE!!
ReplyDeleteyou are getting so close, hope it all continues to go smoothly.
I can not believe that you're almost done with your pregnancy already!! She'll be here before you know it! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing. You are like the picture-perfect pregnant woman. Seriously! And I am so glad the tour went well. That's great that they give you a queen-sized bed. I can't believe it's getting so close.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it's only a few weeks away now! You look fabulous!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great place to deliver! I can't get over how great you look!!
ReplyDeleteYou look SO adorable!! That shirt is so cute. And, the hospital sounds just wonderful.
ReplyDeleteHow is it possible that you are so skinny?? LOL!
ReplyDelete