Monday, May 31, 2010

Update and more pictures =)

Thank you so much for all your kind notes of congratulations!!!  Thought I would get an update out this evening while M and Kylie have some Daddy daughter time.  As of last night Kylie was at 6lb, so she had lost 8 oz and was a little shrimpy.  As of tonight she is up 1/2 an ounce from that so it appears she's turned the corner.  She has plenty of wet diapers and my milk appears to be coming in.  We got more sleep last night, probably about 8 hours all together in little pieces.  That's going to take some adjustment but is going well.  Kylie got her heal sticks this morning and doesn't show any sign of jaundice.  

As for my recovery from the c/s, it's getting a little easier to get in and out of bed but I'm still feeling a lot of tugging and pulling with the outside and inside incisions...plus the gas pains are horrible.  I did manage to take a shower both yesterday and today and go for a walk around the mom/baby unit.  Today's walk was more fun than yesterday so that has to be a good sign.  The OB said it's my choice to stay until tomorrow or Wednesday.  We'll see, it might be nice to have one more day of pampering in the hospital before heading home...but our bed is sounding pretty nice too!

All in all Kylie is doing great and I'm healing.  Now to what you probably have been waiting for, a picture from yesterday and another from today.  She's got M and I absolutely wrapped around her little finger =)


14 comments:

  1. Oh my Goodness Congrats!!! :) SO excited your day is finally here too!! Praying recovery continues to go great and that you have a wonderful summer with your baby girl!! :) (alorvick21 from IV).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! She is just so freakin' cute Caryn! SOOOOO cute :) Congratulations a million times over!
    Love it :)
    I'm glad you are continuing to heal well. I can't imagine how bad those gas pains are ... especially if they are anything like the LAP pains -ouch!
    Sending you lots of love for your little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shes just too adorable Caryn!! So Cute!! I'm sure she'll regain her weight in no time! I'm so glad the recovery is going good!! It gets easier and easier every day. =) I totally understand wanting to stay at the hospital the extra day... it was kind of nice to have everything taken care of when I was there. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so cute Caryn! I hope the healing continues to go well. I'm sending lots of love and hugs to you, M and Kylie! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's beautiful! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is AMAZING and beautiful. Sending a million hugs and congratulations your way! I am so happy for you. Enjoy this time with your LO. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is seriously gorgeous!! So glad you're doing well too but try to take it easy as long as you can.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, she is just so beautiful!!!!! I hope you heal quickly! :) Thank you so much for sharing her with us. It is so wonderful to see. I've said it before, but I'm just SO happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I could just eat her up!! She's totally precious. As far as staying in the hospital, I'd probably lean toward staying one more day -- let them pamper you! Glad to hear you're healing relatively well - but I know you're a trooper, those gas and incision pains must be a bear especially when trying to juggle and nurse Kylie. But I know it's all worth it and it'll get better every day. Enjoy every moment, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  10. she's perfect!! i am so happy for you! congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg, Caryn! So, So amazingly adorable!! I am sorry to hear about the pains - I hope that recovery continues to progress well!! I am thinking of you!! Congratulations again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well! She is such a cutie! It's crazy to think that she grew inside you. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness! She is just precious! I love her little mouth. Ok, so I love all things baby, but still...she's wonderful. I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better. I'd say to stay in the hospital at least one more night. :-) It sounds like the delivery went well and things are chugging right along. I love it when that happens. Keep the pictures coming, I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO PRECIOUS!!!! Take your time to recover - and take your pain meds! You will recover so much faster, I promise! So, so happy for you

    ReplyDelete