Some baby and non-baby things going on this week...tomorrow and Friday our A/C is finally getting installed. You may remember that it was suppose to happen over a week ago. Well, they showed up to do the job and the installers said it was a much more involved job than the estimator had documented. They left and the estimator tried to call us back later with a quote that was 40% more than the previous. I called a huge bulls**t on that and spent the rest of the week fighting with them. For once my job as a manager of contracts came in handy and on Monday I got them to agree to do the job for the original quote. WHEW! I can't tell you how excited I am to be cool in my house, we've had a TON of 90's and 100's in the last month.
M is meeting with the hiring manager and HR to finalize the new job (salary, starting date, etc.) tomorrow morning =) He's really excited about the new job and he'll probably be starting on August 23rd. Before he starts we want to take a road trip to see his grandparents and introduce Kylie to her great grandparents. We live near Boulder, CO and will be driving to Spearfish, SD (6 hrs) and Casper, WY (4.5 hrs). I'm a littler nervous about the long car rides and about sleeping Kylie in unknown places. I guess we'll just take it one step at a time. We'll probably go the weekend of Aug 15, which is sneaking up on us. Wish us luck!
Since I appear to be moving toward baby updates I'll just go there. Tomorrow is Kylie's 2 month birthday =) We're planning on a little photo shoot this weekend. I can't believe two months have already gone by, it seems like yesterday I got to hold her for the first time. It seems like I'm becoming quite the sap, if I cry about her b-day tomorrow I'll know I've fully crossed over.
M and I have decided to move Kylie from the napper to the bassinet for night sleep and also start napping her at least once a day in her crib. Hopefully by the time I go back to work in Sept she'll be able to make the move from the bassinet to her crib. At least that's the grand plan *fingers crossed* As I type this she is napping in her crib *woo-hoo*

I second that! Two months?!?! How the time flies when your bean finally arrives!
ReplyDeleteYour family roadtrips sounds great - since you're driving, hopefully you can take as many breaks as needed. It's awesome M won't have to start until 8/23, you have a full month more of family time :).
Good luck on the sleep transitions! Kylie looks mesmerized by mama in that pic, btw - so cute!
I can not believe Kylie is 2 months already! I hope that you have fun on your road trip. That is so exciting M will be starting his new job soon thereafter = ) The picture of you playing with Kylie is so adorable!!
ReplyDeleteY'all are so cute together!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the road trip. Hopefully she'll just be the sweetest little traveler!
I came across your blog ramdomly and wanted to give you some advice that worked with my kids when we travel! All I do is bring some recieving blankets that smell like home and lay them into where ever baby will be sleeping. That way it will smell like home and feel more like home as well. My babies have always slept great once I figured out this simple little trick!
ReplyDeleteI love that picture - it's too adorable :)
ReplyDeleteYou always have the best pics!!!
But 2 months - already?!?!?!?!? Wow. Happy 2 month Birthday Kylie -- it sounds like mommy and daddy have some exciting times planned for you :)
Cuteness... And it doesn't seem like 2 months at all!
ReplyDeleteLove that picture!!
ReplyDelete2 months? Really? It feels like just yesterday. She's growing up so fast already! I absolutely love that photos of you two. She's so precious. Enjoy your upcoming trips. I'm sure that Kylie will do just fine!
ReplyDelete2 months! The time really does fly!! That pictures is so adorable of the two of you. =) Good luck transitioning her to the new sleeping place! Eirik's crib is actually filled with stuff at the moment ... guess I should work on cleaning it out because we're gonna get him napping up there once the weather cools off!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the road trip! I'm sure she'll do great. =)
What an adorable pic! I can't believe it has been two months!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you got your ac fixed. I'm so looking forward to fall and sleeping with the windows open again.
Good luck on the trip. I'm sure she'll be an amazing little traveler for you!
Such a cute picture of you and Kylie!! I can't believe it's already been two months, time seems to be flying when I think in terms of your LO. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad your A/C is all better, we're still fighting to get ours installed....