Sunday, January 23, 2011

Toys & Pictures

So we have tons of infant toys but not many toddler toys.  That was until I found a post on craigslist for a lot of toys for $100.  M thought maybe it was going overboard and now that we have them home I think maybe he was right...but none the less Kylie is now the proud new owner of all of these toys =)  There are wood toys, musical toys, blocks (plastic, wood and rubber), shape sorters, soft toys, hard toys, books, etc.  As yo can see from this picture she's excited about them!

Photobucket


Our swaddled sleep is still going really well.  Most nights we aren't having any wake ups that require one of us to go down to her room and only 1-2 wake ups where she fusses for a few minutes and goes back to sleep on her own.  About 1/3 of the nights we go down once to give her back the pacifier and there has only been one night that we've gone down more than that...which happened to be last night.  For some reason she had an hour where she woke up and couldn't get back to sleep around midnight and we ended up down there about 5 times to give her the paci back because she was crying really hard but she didn't have the same wide awake party vibe going on so I'm guessing she was having a tough time with her cold (yes, another one).  She went back to sleep about 1 and didn't make a peep until 7:15.  So over all huge improvement in this area.

Since my recent sleep posts have lacked the fun pictures here are few cute ones from recently.  This is her new jumperoo that we found on craigslist last weekend.  We got it because she doesn't have any interest in putting weight on her legs.  She is bouncing herself in this so hopefully it'll give her some exercise and help build those leg muscles.

Photobucket


We've been trying to get her to wear shoes lately but this is what usually happens, her feet are so small still and the shoes just don't stay on...plus they are apparently perfect chew toys =)

Photobucket


Hope you ladies are having a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I know it looks like a LOT of toys, but trust me- you will be thankful for ALL OF THEM! LOL Brynna got so many toys between her birthday and Christmas, I thought NO WAY would we ever get to use half of them. Now I'm thankful we have them because a) some get SUPER annoying and you need something new for your sanity and b) it's great to put some up for a while and bring out others for her to play with so she doesn't get bored with the same thing all the time. We just did a switch this week and B is happy as a clam! :)
    Way to go on the toy score!

    I hope the swaddling keeps working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! great find! And very cute pics of the little lady:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second what the previous poster said. We've had most of those toys since Noah was 5 or 6 months old (I don't really think they're toddler toys, they're more older infant toys... toddlers would be bored with them rather quickly) and he plays with them ALL. They need variety!

    Yay for more good nights!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, thats an AWESOME find for all those toys!! Eirik has that jumparoo (borrowed from my friend) and he loves it still! I love her eating her shoes... too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SCORE! on all of the toys! Way to go! We too have that Jumparoo and love it! I will say that K's legs and core have gotten very strong with using it.
    Very happy the swaddle is working again. If you find she is breaking free, try putting a sleep sack over the swaddle ( you might have said you are doing this already ...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome toys!! And, given the volume my SIL seems to have in her house, you're definitely on the right track... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all of those toys! Awesome buy!

    I hope the swaddle continues to work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am GLAD you posted this!!! I was just today thinking the same thing...I have a lot of infant toys, not many older baby things! I even posted on the JB board about it!! So, you just got the jump-a-roo & she loves it?! I was thinking about getting one, we have an exersaucer, but the jump-a-roo looks like they can bounce & jump more, but I was worried that maybe she was too old?! Also, that bear thing from fisher price in the middle of your picture...I saw one on CL today for like $10. Does she like it?

    ReplyDelete