Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Love 3 day weekends =)

Seriously, why can't they all be three days?!?!  We didn't do much but it was such a needed three days of recovery and time together =) 

Thanks for all your warm thoughts for Paco.  We took him everywhere with us this weekend - to the park, to my parents for dinner on Sunday, and on walks around the hood.  He seems to be perking up a bit, thankfully.  I think his sister was his courage...he hasn't been willing to jump up on the couch on his own and won't go near the chair they always laid in together.  It's just so sad not to be able to explain to him what's going on. I'm not sure we're going to get another dog...I'm not against it but it will take us some time before we're ready.  If Paco doesn't snap to it might hurry us along though.

Kylie still has a bit of her cold but has recovered from the shots.  They said she may get a rash from the MMR shot about 7-10 days after so we're on the lookout for that this weekend.  Apparently 20% of kids develop the rash.  I had no idea it was that high.  The rest of her weekend was good.  She's really starting to demand (and I do mean demand) to be outside.  Monday we spent at least 6 hours outside.  She loves to play with leaves, rocks, randomly walk around, play in the sprinkler, throw sand from her sand/water table all over herself and the patio, etc.  It's so fun to watch =)  A little nervous about what happens when the bad weather comes.  I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.  Here are some pics from the weekend.  Hope you and yours had a fab one too!!!

Bashful look

Playing with her new keyboard - the sensors on top make noise when you run your hand by them 

Riding on her new rocking pony at Oma and Opa's - the pony is a hand-me-down from her cousins

With M - headed out to play in the rocks - it was about 55 degrees so the tigger hat came out

Playing with my wet shirt from playing in the sprinkler earlier in the day

This is a book she has us read over and over again!


6 comments:

  1. Noah really adores the outside, too. It sucks when I'm sick, like now (day 16...). It also stinks on really hot days and cold, rainy days. He begs to go outside and I dooon't want to in that weather. Next year the hot days will be fine because of the pool. This winter might be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no clue about the MMR reaction! Interesting...

    Eirik is the same way with outdoors too!! He whines at the door sometimes and begs to go outside! I think i'm going to have to invest in some good outdoor gear so he can have fun in the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh soooo adorable. I'm so sorry about your pup. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! She looks like such a toddler to me in the bashful picture. All of the pictures are so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I love that bashful picture!! She's so grown up!

    I'm glad Paco is doing a little better. Poor guy.

    And, really, I'd love all three day weekends all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's growing up so fast!

    I'm glad Paco is perking up a bit. The same thing happened to us recently. When my mom passed away this past April I took in her 2 dogs Precious & Peanut. I'd been caring for them for a long time anyway, & they'd been in our family for 17 years. Precious was very senile & went downhill very quickly after my mom passed, so 2 weeks later we sent her to be with her Mommy in heaven. Peanut has never really been the same & they were raised together as puppies :(

    ReplyDelete