Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Trip Cancelled

K has another ear infection =(  She is on the 2nd of the three antibiotics she took for her last ear infection in April.  Hopefully this bacteria responds to it better than the last.  The ped said we could still fly on Thursday if the trip was essential, but she would likely be uncomfortable.  She suggested that we could medicate her and keep her as comfortable as we can.  If anyone remembers our trip to Portland last August with 2 hrs of SCREAMING on our flight...that was also with an ear infection after three days on antibiotics.  She is in pain just laying down for sleep (so says the hour long wake up scream session from midnight to 1am last night) so we have decided to cancel our trip.  The trip was a Christmas present from my Mom to attend my nephews graduation. Ugh.  I feel really guilty for canceling, like somehow I'm just being one of those snively parents that puts my little angels comforts above all else.  But I'm her mom and it's my job, right?  I haven't told my family yet...suppose I should do that.

10 comments:

  1. Ugh! Sorry our good vibes didn't reach you in time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, that really sucks. I always feel like that mom, too. I KNOW the decisions I make are what's best for my kid, but I feel like it makes me look bad to other people.

    I'm sorry she's got another ear infection:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about K's ear infection and cancelling your trip! I admire you for doing what you feel is best for K and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the latest ear infection and having to cancel your trip. But, better that K is as comfortable as possible while she's recuperating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo! Poor K! I hope she is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor kid! Definitely not being snidely to not torture your poor kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about K's ear infection. I hope she feels better soon. Definitely don't feel bad about cancelling the trip. You have to do what's best for K (and you).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Sorry to hear she's not feeling better and has yet another dreaded ear infection. =( Hopefully your family understands though and if not, remind them that a unhappy, sick toddler usually makes for unhappy everyone else too. (((Hugs))) Hopefully she's better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! I'm so sorry... But I completely agree with your decision - everyone will be miserable if you take a sick toddler on your trip. Stay home and get that poor kiddo better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor little K. I'm sorry that you have to cancel the trip but I think you are doing the right thing. She's sick and traveling will be tough on everyone involved. It's not an easy choice but as her mom, I think you made the right choice.

    ReplyDelete