Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thumper

Our 2nd ultrasound was today and everything looks great!  We got to hear the heart beat thumping away at 180bpm =)  The baby is measuring right on track at 8w6d.   So, so relieved!!!!

I do have a small sub-chronic hematoma  (2cm) but it is in a location that shouldn't pose any danger to the baby but may cause some spotting/bleeding if it's not just reabsorbed.  Over the next few weeks I will be weaned off the medications and we have now "graduated" to the OB, who we will see for the first time on the 21st.  

This is a head down view of the baby and you can see her/his fingers that just formed this week!

The babies head is down toward the bottom and feet toward the top.  Kind of blurry, sorry about that, pictures of pictures are tough.

11 comments:

  1. Yay! What a great looking baby. I had SCH with my last two pregnancies. One bled, one was simply reabsorbed- I'm glad they gave you accurate info so you don't have to freak out like I did! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things are progressing so well! And yay for weaning off meds and graduating! All very exciting. I can't remember, have you told your families yet? If not, will you do something special at Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby looks good! Man, ultrasounds look so different from 7 weeks to (almost) 9 weeks. So much more like a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those teeny tiny fingers! So adorable. I'm so happy your ultrasound went well and congratulations on your graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers!!!!! That is an amazing picture! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! I am so glad that everything looks great. Congratulations, again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome!!!

    My SCH bled for quite some time and it was scary even when I had just had a scan and knew things were ok. But it was really ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are the cutest little fingers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so so so happy and excited for you!! Praying for a very healthy and happy pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete