Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Random Bullet Updates

K Updates:
  • K is now 100% over the flu and it looks like M and I escaped it *whew*  I do seem to be coming down with a cold though =(  Hopefully it's a mild, short one.  
  • After some seriously cold weather for what seems like forever we had a weekend with highs in the 50's.  We took K to the park on Sunday and I was amazed at the difference she has in playing on the big play equipment since last time we were there (September we think).  She was running all over that thing and going doing the biggest slides without any worry at all.  Big girl!
  • Next weekend we're taking her to her first rodeo.  We'll see what she thinks =)
C Updates:
  • My Mom bought some things for Cole's (heretofore called C) room to start decorating =)  We're using the "Curly Tails" monkey theme for his room.  I can't wait to start putting it together.
  • This last weekend I pulled out the boy clothes I've been given and organized them into sizes to see how much newborn stuff I have.  K was in newborn clothes for 6 weeks and could have actually used some premie stuff at the beginning (she was 6lb8oz at birth) so I'll need some smaller stuff than I currently have.  
  • I also made my way through the maternity clothes I have and tried to determine what else I need.  Yesterday I had a 1/2 day at work so I went and got a pair of jeans and a pair of dress pants to help round out my closet.  
  • K is talking more and more about her baby brother and likes to put her hand on my belly and say "my baby brother is in there".  Adorable.
  • Yesterday I had an OB appointment (14w3d) and all looks good.  I asked about circumcision and the doc said it's about 50% here in our area, interesting.  I also asked about tying my tubes.  While we needed IVF to get pregnant and a miracle natural conception would be SHOCKING I also don't want to have to worry about it.  So we'll probably get the old tubes tied when I'm having C.  
  • Our next two appointments (Feb 4th and Mar 4th) will both include ultrasounds =)

4 comments:

  1. You're such an awesome planner- a woman after my heart :)
    With 3 boys already I didn't think I'd have to buy much for O, but with different seasons and him growing at a faster rate- I was surprised and have on several occasions frantically bought things to round out his wardrobe.
    I come from an area where the circ rate was about 80 percent, now I'm somewhere it's much lower, it seems to very regional, as well as lower in areas where insurance companies/medicaid won't cover it. If you're wanting to get your tubes done, right after delivery especially if it's a C-S is easiest for sure- do they make you sign the consents way ahead of time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on it, girl! Way to be so organized in EVERYTHING!
    Glad to hear K is such a sweet big sister already....and I can't wait to see pictures of Cole's nursery.
    I'm impressed you're ready to commit to tubes being tied already....surprises DO happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad K is doing better! Its amazing how much they grow up in just a few months!

    I love hearing your pregnancy updates! how are you already in the 2T?! Didn't you just get a BFP??

    I totally understand the preventative measures... when you know your family is complete you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boys wore NB for six weeks too! No preemie, they were too long.

    I'm on the pill now. It feels weird! I couldn't pull the trigger on the tubal! It is nice to not worry about it, but to also not get my hopes up.

    ReplyDelete