Friday, April 26, 2013

Almost the Final Testing

Wednesday I had my gestational diabetes test.  The glucola is still as icky as I remember but this time I put it in the freezer and made it a slushy and it was more tolerable.  With the blood drawn for the GD test they also ran a TSH, Free T4, hemoglobin and hematocrit.  With K I was fine on the GD test but was on iron supplements from 10 weeks and was up to 3 a day by this point.  But good news this time around - everything is normal! No special diets or iron supplements and my thyroid meds stay at the same dose =)  I think the only testing left is the group b strep culture at 36 weeks.   

After three weeks of snow storms (every Tuesday weirdly enough) we are expecting a full weekend of sunshine and temperatures in the 70's.  I see the park and maybe the zoo in our future!  

4 comments:

  1. Yay for passing your GD test. Enjoy your warm weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job passing all your tests! Yay for less things to worry about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going so fast, isn't it? Glad your testing all turned out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent news! And yes, this is some welcome weather. Finally!! Too bad I have to spend most of my weekend packing. :(

    ReplyDelete