Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Six Weeks

Note: I noticed that I have the same amount of traffic as normal on my posts but not many comments.  A blog friend of mine posted that she was having trouble posting comments. If you could do me a favor and post a comment so I can see if there are posting issues I need to track down that would rock. TIA!

C turned six weeks old today!  He is getting huge...13.27 lb (96th %) and 23" (78th %) and doing great.  He's had two nights this week with a six hour stretch of sleep.  How lucky are we?!  Hopefully he keeps going in that direction.  He is focusing on more objects and interacting more all the time.  Last night he had his first bottle and did great.  We want him to be a pro before he starts daycare.  When he's awake he wants to be on the move, usually while being held.  He LOVES to be worn.  Overall he's a very sweet, snugly little guy!

I had my six week post op appointment today and my hematocrit is back up to 38.  I'm happy since I now get to stop taking the iron pills that mess with my system.  I'm down another 4lbs from my last appointment so it looks like I have another 8 lbs to get to my pre-preggo weight.  My energy is back and I've been taking daily walks and am starting to work out again so hopefully that helps.  I don't go back to work for another six weeks =)

K is still doing great with her baby brother.  Her field trips are coming to an end this week and pre-school starts again next week.  For all the stress and worry I had about her field trips it turns out she loved them, particularly the ones that worried me the most (amusement parks, pools, etc).  Figures ;-)  Here's a pic of us last week:

7 comments:

  1. He's getting so big!! He and K look so similar in their facial features! =)

    its so funny how the things we worry about as moms turn out to be nothing for them! I do the same thing all the time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that photo! And I'm so glad that everyone is doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute pic! So glad you're all doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're doing better! And, so glad both kids are doing so well in their respective places! :)

    My inability to post comments has been due to the app I'm using on my phone which lets me THINK I'm writing a comment but then doesn't actually post it. My time to read and reply in an actual computer is virtually nil lately, so it's all been a bit frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad everything is going swimmingly, despite the no-go on the dairy. Keep up the good work, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) what a cutie! Getting so big!

    ReplyDelete