Lots of updates...
Last Saturday K started her gymnastics class again. She's so excited! Unfortunately there are a few "free spirits" in the class that are unruly but hopefully that will get better with each passing week. Her teacher thinks K has the skills to move up to the next class (for 4-5 year olds) but unfortunately it's full so she'll stay in the younger class until a spot opens up.
Saturday evening my MIL came to watch the kiddos while M and I enjoyed an anniversary dinner (and bottle of wine) at one of our favorite fondue restaurants. We got dressed up and while at dinner we were able to finish whole sentences and eat our food at a normal pace while it was still hot - glorious!
Sunday C turned 8 months old. Wow! How did that happen? He celebrated with getting his top front teeth on Monday and Tuesday, so that makes 4 teeth. Hopefully biting will not occur to him *eek* He's also decided that sitting up is pretty cool. He's very stable but has no fear of falling over when trying to reach for a toy he's kicked out of reach so he still needs a boppy or something for protection. Purees are not high on his list and he's eating small bites of most of the foods we eat. I have to admit I'm spacing the new foods out less than I did with K but all is going well. He can roll a ball back and forth with me if he's motivated to and can roll both front to back and back to front. He's 20.9lbs (70th%) and 28.5" (75th%). I love this age, so many new skills and just so darn cute!
Monday M and I took the day off and went skiing. It was the first day I've taken off in 6 months (besides ones for taking care of sick kiddos) and it was really nice to get out of town and spend the day together. It was the first day I left C for more than 4 hours and I had a good cry about it but he did great. Nice day on the mountain and we even stopped at a local brewery for a beer on the way home. It was nice to have a weekend with so much time to reconnect.
A few photos from the last week too...
K is so loving the time change and being able to play outside after school.
Note her new jelly shoes that light up - her new prized possession.
Note her new jelly shoes that light up - her new prized possession.
Sibling love! A little PJ time on a weekend morning
Looking so grown up!
Eight months already? Where does the time go? Happy Anniversary to you and the hubs!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Glad you guys got to spend some quality time together!!
ReplyDelete