Sunday, April 4, 2010

Baby Shower & Easter

Happy Easter girls!!!!  Hope everyone is having a wonderful day =)

There's a lot to catch up on this week.  On Tuesday Kylie and I met a Colorado Senator.  I managed to find an outfit that allowed me to smuggle my little beach ball through the event without too much notice.  Here's a photo of most of our company employees, I somehow ended up between the Senator and our President.


Then on Friday I had my 31 week appointment at the OB.  Everything is measuring right on and Kylie is doing great!  The issue at hand was to continue the fight on the amnio they are wanting me to have, particularly since I found out that my insurance wouldn't apply the $2500 test to my $5000 deductable so we'd end up paying for it OOP.  The full story is that I want to have my c-section on May 28th (at 38w6d).  They say if I have it before 39w then I have to have the amnio, it's "policy".  I found an article on pub med that says amnio's are neither medically necessary or finicially sound practices on patients between 36 and 39 weeks.  I find it SUPER silly for 24 hours to require this kind of test and this kind of drama.  The doc we met with said she'd take it to their next "problem patient" meeting (thanks, btw!) and discuss options.  One of the options she mentioned is scheduling it for 5/29, which I think would be a great solution.  Not sure exactly when we'll find out but our next appointment is on 4/15 so my guess is we'll know before then.  My DH treated me to a fantastic cheeseburger after the appointment so we could discuss all that went on. 

Yesterday (Saturday) was baby shower #1.  It was thrown by some friends who live in the town we moved from 2.5 years ago. There were about 20 people and boy did they shower us with gifts!   Here's a couple pictures:




We got a boppy, diapers, diaper pail, photo album, books, Dad's vest (complete with changing pad and pouch), baby proofing kid, bibs, clothes, blankets (one with her name embroidered on it), clothes, shoes, wrist rattles, toys, stuffed animals, a beautiful bouquet of flowers (lilies, roses and snap dragons)from a friend who lives in New Jersey, and a wonderful hand made play blanket for the floor with her name embroidered in it. It was so kind of our friends! My Mom is going to be throwing me a shower May 1st that will probably have another 20-30 people at it that live around where we live now.

Afterwards I have to say I was exhausted...it ended up going from 2-7pm and we have an hour drive each way. So this morning when we needed to get up at 7am and make four quiches for our Easter brunch I wasn't feeling my spunkiest. But my DH's folks, my parents, my brother, sister-in-law and nieces came over at 10am and we had a wonderful brunch. My nieces were upset that this is the first year the Easter bunny didn't come (they are 15) but seemed to get over it when I gave them the chocolate bunny I got them =) Everyone stayed until about 1pm and then headed home. Here's a photo of me looking for a pie server for the quiches and my DH behind me cutting them.
 

Hope everyone had a wonderful week!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Great pics! :) If you don't mind me asking, and tell me if you do...why are you having a scheduled C-section? -Rebekah aka nathanielsmom110100 form TTCYFC 6+mos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for my showers to start! My mom is throwing one for me on May 1st too.
    That amnio business sounds a little silly and scary. That is so close to your actual due date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that amnio just sounds absolutely and totally stupid. For 24 hours? C'mon! And I cannot believe that the Dr. told you she'd take it to the next "problem patient" meeting! WTF?

    BTW - you looked so cute meeting the Senator!
    And I LOVE that you were showered with gifts :)It sounds like you have an amazing group of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls =) Rebekah, I have to have a c-section because of a LAP surgery in Dec 08 to remove fibroids. They had to cut deep into the uterine wall so I'm at risk of uterine rupture if I go into labor *BOO*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the others that requiring an amnio that late is just bogus. You'll be full term by medical standards. If they are worried about lung development, maybe they can just give you the shot (which may be a lot cheaper to pay for OOP) just as a precaution. Would that be an option? I think going for the 29th is so simple. Why is this a "problem"? Sorry for your frustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you have to be a "problem patient" but I'm with you...24 hours difference?!? I'd fight it too, esp. for that much money! It looks like you got all kinds of great goodies for Kylie this weekend though. I can't believe how close you are to meeting her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! You look fantastic in all of them, and it looks and sounds like you got some amazing gifts at your first shower. I'm sorry about the amnio, but it sounds like your doctor has a good plan by scheduling it for the 29th. It's just silly that it has to come to that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stupid problem!!! The pictures are great and the shower sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yah for baby showers!! Looks like you got lots of good stuff!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is crazy about the amnio! I understand being cautious, but sometimes I think they are a little overcautious!

    Your babyshower pictures are great! And that growing bump keeps getting bigger. =)

    ReplyDelete