Seriously people, this age rocks! Kylie is not only picking up new words but phrases and sentences on a daily basis. She's pretty good at expressing herself now and her frustration level (and tantrums) have gone down because of it. With these new "expressions" come more feisty displays of opinions but overall she is a very compliant child. Her teachers at school say she is a "pleaser" and we can only hope that sticks around until she's a teenager. Recently she became the oldest in her class and I can see the bossy side of her coming out as she tells the younger kids what the schedule is in her class. Her teacher said it's normal for the oldest in the class to assume the teacher role. So funny and cute - taken in moderation of course =)
Her motor skills continue to improve and she's running, jumping, twirling up a storm and also coloring, painting and playing with playdoh on the fine motor side too. We still can't convince her that silverware is to be used at meal time. We offer it and know she knows how to use it but she still finds her hands much more effective.
This month she had two colds and is fighting an ear infection. For the most part she's remained in good humor through it all =) When we were at the doc last Friday (to get the 2nd antibiotic for her ear infection) she weighed in at 26lb6oz (60th%) and from measuring her at home it looks like she's 32.75" (40th%). She's been eating up a storm and sleeping a little extra the last few weeks so I expect a growth spurt is coming.
With Spring having sprung and the weather getting warmer we decided to get some new play equipment for outside (on craigslist) and so far she's loving it. We spend 1/2 an hour or so outside after we all get home from school/work and on weekends we're outside 3-5 hours each day. She LOVES being outside. I'm pretty sure she would live out there if we let her!
Every day she surprises me with how smart she is (I know, every parent says that!) and each day I'm thankful we have her in our lives...we are so, so lucky!
Here are some recent pictures:
The new playset - she calls the area we're in her house and says "mama in house please". She also wants us to go down her slides but we've been able to communicate that we're a little too big for that.
She's mastered the bigger of the two slides
This girl loves shoes! She's trying on a pair of boots that a friend gave us and running around the house watching the sides light up.
It is big news in CO that Manning joined the Broncos. The day after it was announced Kylie's teacher dressed her up in this outfit (a hand me down from her grand daughter) and sent her home in it. She LOVES it and so do her Mom & Dad.
Please say this sassy little pose is not a sign of an attitude to come ;-)
Happy 22 months my little girl, we love you!!!!
It IS a great age, isn't it? Every month since 16 months I've been saying that it's the greatest month so far. And I'm still saying it at 24.5 months! Hopefully that will be true for Kylie too:)
ReplyDeleteShe just gets cuter and cuter!! Hope she stays like this all through 2!!
ReplyDeleteShe's so adorable!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I can't believe she's 22 months. Wow!
ReplyDeleteI like the new playset! Very nice!! I too can not believe K is 22 months! It is great to see pictures! I love seeing updates!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!! =) I'm glad that the vocabulary jump has helped ease the tantrums! Those toddler tantrums are no fun at all. I can't believe shes 22 months already!
ReplyDeleteThat is a cool playset! Nice!
ReplyDelete