Thursday, March 1, 2012

21 Months (and 1 day)

Seriously, can my little girl really be only 3 months away from being 2?!?!  I'll stop sniveling and get down to an update =)

This month K has really been a happy little one.  She has had a couple colds (#30 is on it's way out now) but it hasn't kept her from being playful and happy.  I really think these little ones are tougher than we are!  She has grown quite a bit and is now 26.25lb (60th %) and 32.5" (41st%).  It seems that her vocabulary grows by the day and she's busy telling us what she's doing, what we're doing and what her baby doll is doing almost all the time.  She loves patterns and pronounces "argyle" surprisingly well.  For the first time I've noticed her doing pretend play this month, like saying her baby has a boo-boo and needs us to kiss it (her and us).  She also gives baby hugs to make her feel better and apologizes to us if she does something wrong.  Precious I tell you.  She's also found that her words have power and she's turning more independent all the time.  I ask her if she wants help and she says, "no, Kylie helps".  She'll work at it for a while and usually figures it out but if she can't she'll ask for help.  The new found independence has been leading to a few temper tantrums here and there but overall I think it's a good thing...I think =)  Her favorite things to do in the whole wild world are to read and to dance.  She does both for hours and hours at school with her little friends and they hold hands, play with bean bags, etc.  Then we all dance as a family after dinner and read lots of books before dinner and after bath.  It makes my heart sing, seriously.  Sometimes I fell like trying to have a 2nd child is only pushing our good fortune...

Without further adieu, the reason you really come - a picture of K.  Here she is in her PJ's building a block tower.  Also notice the little pig tail on top of her head.  She LOVES to have her hair done and will sit very, very still so you can gather enough hair to get one to stay =)

8 comments:

  1. They're just amazing, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these updates. And no, I can't believe she is almost 2! I remember "meeting" you over at IV just about 3 years ago. Time really flies, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brace yourself for the "no's" to increase x10! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've decided that May is just not going to come and they will not turn 2! YIKES! Stewart's new found independence has led to MANY tantrums lately too but when he says please and thank u it just melts my heart and helps lessen the frustration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not believe I met you in person almost 2 years ago! Time flies!!! So happy everything is going well. I too love hearing updates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome picture -- I love how she's sitting! And, seriously, nearly 2 years? Wow.

    I love these updates. She sounds like such a little person. I keep picturing her has so small and young, still, but then hearing this it amazes me how toddler-like she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been a bad friend and haven't been around for a long time but I still need to tell you how adorable she is!! I hope Paco is feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete