Hope everyone had a great Easter or Passover (if they observe)! We are not a religious group but we still celebrate Easter...mostly with candy and a family gathering for a meal =) For the last few years we have hosted a brunch for both sides of the family. This year there were 13 of us - my parents, my brother, sister-in-law, nieces (they are 17 year old twins from IVF), M's parents, M's brother and his new girlfriend. As with any family gathering there were a few wincing moments and thinking "what did s/he just say?" but no real drama to speak of, thank goodness. We had quiche, fruit, ham and mimosas for brunch about 20 minutes after everyone arrived and then headed outside for K's first egg hunt. She understood immediately what she was suppose to do and gathered all 20 eggs in record time. We all enjoyed the beautiful 70 degree sunny weather for a while out on the patio and everyone left by 1:15 and K went down for a much needed nap. Here are some pictures of all the excitement.
All in all a great morning!
On the hunt
After the hunt, enjoying a peep bunny. Ok, she really just carried it around since she is partial to chocolate over jelly beans and peeps. But she thought it felt cool. You can see the reflection of our dog who didn't move far away from her all day - just in case there was something dropped for him.
Part of her egg hunt cheering section
This is the Radio Flyer wagon that M's parents used as her Easter basket. There were at least 20 things in this wagon in addition to the rabbit. WOW!
Seriously, it was like Christmas. We got her three $1 books and a package of stickers. All the rest is from grandparents and my brother's family. Oh my goodness. We need to rein in the gift giving.
After her nap she took a little ride on her bunny. Honestly, where are parents suppose to store this kind of gift? She loves it though so that's all that matters. Our house may look like a toy store by the time she's 2.

What a beautiful day and beautiful little girl. We had great weather, too. It was really nice. Once #2 comes along you will probaly (maybe?) see the gift giving slow down a little since everyone will have 2 to buy for. :-) I'm glad you had a great day!
ReplyDeleteYeah, we're about to institute a NO MORE STUFFED ANIMALS!!! rule in our family...
ReplyDeleteSo it's not just our family that goes crazy? :). Sounds like a great day though and I especially love the pic of her on the bunny!!
ReplyDeleteThe egg hunt looks like so much fun! My mom buys a lot of clothes for the boys, which I love!
ReplyDeleteOoh, I love K's dress! I just saw it on Zulily--now that I see it on, I'm thinking Ryleigh should have one.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a fun day! And everyone made it out alive--that is the mark of a successful day when extended families are involved.
I am SO loving the dress. As much as I love my boys you just can't get the adorable clothes for them!!
ReplyDeleteI also can totally relate to the toy store feeling... i told my husband yesterday I have to pare down the toys because they are driving me insane!
Sounds like such a great day! I LOVE that sundress on her. She looks like such a big girl!!
ReplyDeleteAnd, that really is a great bunny -- but I can see how the presents might get a bit overwhelming!!
(Sorry this response took so long... I'm not sure how I lost the post in my reader...)