K woke up Friday with cold #35. So as you can already surmise we are not rested and have had a bit of a challenging weekend. We got 5-6 hours of sleep a night since Thursday because K's coughing is extra vicious and wakes us all up. But with that said, my DH made the weekend everything it could possibly be...he rocks!
Saturday he played with K while I baked some muffins and I love to bake so that was fun. Then he let me play with K while he steam cleaned carpets, which I hate to do. Then he let me nap (even if it was 30 minutes) while K was napping while he went and did the grocery shopping. We then planted my Mom's annual flower pots as our Mother's Day gift for her and then I made dinner.
Sunday he started the morning by giving me the card that he and K made (with her hand print in it) and presents (a gift certificate for a facial and some garden decorations). We then went to the Butterfly Pavilion with my folks and his Mom and home for brunch. M and my dad made a yummy breakfast of eggs, sausage, cantaloupe, potatoes and my muffins from the day before. AND cleaned up from brunch. None of us ladies lifted a finger except for drinking our mimosas. Then he again let me nap while K did (this time for 1.5 hrs) while he did chores (cleaned the horse stalls, chicken runs, etc. When K and I got up we had snack and went outside to plant flowers. K got a little bored after she went Lenny on a worm...and so M took her to go pick up a pizza for dinner while I finished planting. Now we have our annuals and tomatoes planted which always makes me happy =) We had a yummy dinner and wrapped up a great weekend!
We only got about 5 hrs of sleep again last night so Monday is looking extra lame but I feel so loved and pampered after my weekend that it's ok =)
Here are a few pictures from yesterday:
Kylie and I ready to go to the Butterfly Pavilion
Checking out the starfish - my folks are on the left and Mike's Mom on the right
Crossing the wiggly suspension bridge by herself for the first time
Our new annuals and the decorations I got for Mother's Day (the spinning flower and the turtles in front of the rock)
Hope all of you mama out there had an amazing day! And for you soon-to-be-mamas still struggling with IF, you were on my mind and I'm sending all the baby dust I can muster {{{HUGS}}}
Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fantastic weekend!
ReplyDeleteCold aside, sounds like an amazing weekend! Hope poor K feels better soon! Hubs planted our tomatoes and lots of flower pots this weekend too as my present. Makes it so nice to look out in the backyard now doesn't it? :)
ReplyDeleteWow - this sounds like a wonderful weekend! Your DH truly does rock...
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!! LOL - you win, hands down. :)
ReplyDelete