This morning we found my horse, Bill, down in his run with his foot stuck in the fence. After freeing his foot he didn't try to get up. He was cut up, in shock, shivering, eye bleeding and his tongue out of his mouth. We called the vet and she came and helped us roll him. He still didn't try to get up. She also saw some movements in his eyes that may mean he fell and had a hard hit to his head. We just won't know for sure what happened but I am haunted for how long he may have been like this overnight without anyone there to help him. He was in obvious pain and we decided to put him down. I got Bill when I was 14 and he has been with me for 23 years. He was my best friend through some very tough teenage years and has been by my side while I've graduated high school and college, had career success and failure, got married and had a baby. He will be so greatly missed. Goodbye my friend.
Beautiful horse. I'm so sorry. It's awful you had to find him that way. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteOhh, I'm so sorry :( Big hugs
ReplyDeletehugs hugs for you... i'm so sorry =(
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI am so incredibly sorry for your loss. <3
ReplyDeleteSo sorry!! It's incredibly tough to lose such a good friend but he was well loved!
ReplyDeleteHow sad!!! I'm so sorry for your loss. Much love your way.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for your loss. Sending my thoughts your way.
ReplyDelete