Thursday, January 3, 2013

Off Meds & Graduated!

The Good:
December 30th was my last day on the progesterone and estrogen I've been on for the last 11 weeks.  Whew!  I'm so relieved to be off all the meds =)  Nice little New Year's present for sure.  I had blood drawn for the final time at my REs today and everything looks good so I got the official "graduation" talk from my nurse and from now on I'm just a regular preggo!  We had blood pulled for the MaternT21 test last week and should have results by next week *drums fingers*

The Bad:
My home doppler isn't picking up the heart beat yet and it's making me nervous.  I will be 12 weeks tomorrow (YIPPY!) and by this time I could find K's with the doppler.  I know things are probably just fine but I'd feel a lot better if I could check in on the wee one.

The Ugly:
Still sick almost all day every day and still exhausted.  No vomiting though which I'm thankful for. 

8 comments:

  1. Please, if everything was good at the doctor's, DO NOT be freaking out about the home doppler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for stopping the progesterone! But i am so sorry about the nausea... i sympathize I had it both times and its so much worse when you are trying to take care of a toddler too!

    I'm sure everything is fine with the baby... those dopplers can be tricky! Also if your placenta is in front it can mute things a lot too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for being a graduate! Can't wait to hear the results of the test!
    I wouldn't worry about the doppler. I seriously spent like an hour one day trying to find her and I was just so frustrated. Its amazing what a difference a week or so can bring on those. I still haven't "confessed" to my doc that I bought one. She was so excited the first time she showed it to us and I know I didnt quite give her the reaction she has hoping. :)
    Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy graduation! It's always nice to be a "regular preggo." I'm sure everything is fine. Home dopplers are tricky! Looking forward to hearing about the MaternT21 results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for being a 'regular preggo'! Hope the nausea eases soon, I know how much that sucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear your results!! I would try not to worry too much about the doppler. One time around 13 weeks my OB couldn't find it and had to do an u/s instead.

    I hope the nausea goes away soon! I never got all of my energy back the second time around I think having a toddler makes it do much harder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for graduating!

    Hopefully the doppler picks up a heartbeat soon... when is your next ultrasound?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your graduation! Try not to worry too much about the doppler, every pregnancy is different- with the twins it was not uncommon to have a hard time finding them, especially early on.

    ReplyDelete