Thank you to all you ladies who stayed with me through taking this blog private. Please let me know if you come across any problems reading my posts now. It boggles my mind that I've now written 100 posts about who-knows-what. I really appreciate all the support and advice you all have given me since I started writing here.
Kylie is doing great. Here's some random updates, pretty much 8 month updates but a little late, sorry!
Stats - I took her in to the doctor for a cough that sounded pretty ugly but her lungs and ears were clear so it turned out to be more of a weigh and measure appt. It was on 2/3 and she was 8m5d. She weighed in at 19lb 1oz and was 27" long. That's 75th % for weight and 50th for height. It looks like she's slimming out a little and coming down off that 95th % curve for weight.
Sleep - We're back on track and for the most part she is sleeping through the night, from 9:30pm to 7am. We've tried to move her bedtime back but she just gets up early in the morning so we've decided we'll still with this schedule for now. She's waking once a night probably ever 3-4 nights. She breaks out of her swaddle almost right away and stays with her arms out the rest of the night. Her new skill is finding her paci and putting it in her mouth on her own. It's a great development since that's primarily why we were going to her in the middle of the night.
Play - She's getting more active all the time and starting to roll around more and more. When she's on her belly she's pulling her knees up under her now and then but she's not close to crawling I don't think. At daycare she's getting more social all the time and I find her sitting with her little friends sharing toys when I get there to pick her up (or to nurse her...I go twice a day to nurse). It's so cute! She also blew me a kiss today for the first time =)
Eating - She eats just about anything and everything you give her. We're sticking with mostly stage 2 purees but she's also eating puffs, Cheerios, bananas, avocados, and mum-mums on a regular basis. Last night she had a pizza of her own that was about 2"x2" and she loved it...ate the whole thing. She's still soy and dairy free so the pizza had a cheese substitute (daiya) and tomato sauce on a home made honey whole wheat crust. She's starting to beg for our food so my guess is that eating table food will become more and more common. She nurses 4 times a day, has a bottle of pumped milk once a day and has three meals of purees and finger foods a day.
Things with me are going well. Work has been decently busy and my boss is being pretty cool letting me continue on the 80% schedule. I'm thinking I'll be going back 100% after Memorial Day weekend. M and I made it out last weekend for our 1st outing together without Kylie. We went to the gym. Since we use to do that 5-6 nights a week before Kylie was around it felt nice and was like we were getting back to a familiar routine. It also gave us a chance to talk non-baby talk for a couple hours. I got our taxes filed last night and we're looking forward to a refund that will pay our property taxes for the year...nice! This weekend we're going to try to get out and enjoy some of the nice weather we're getting. Tuesday the high was in the single digits and tomorrow it's suppose to be 60. Crazy!
Well, now I'm just babbling so I'll sign off with some recent pictures, enjoy!



I can't believe it's been 8 months already! it seems like I was just reading about your BFP! :)
ReplyDeleteKylie is such a happy baby! I only hope I'm that lucky!!!!
I love all the smiles!! =)
ReplyDeleteIts amazing how quickly they go from picking at food to shoveling it in! Eirik suddenly overnight seemed to go from hardly wanting anything to do with food to demanding 3 meals a day and scarfing down everything we handed him!
Cngrats on 100 posts and happy 8 months Kylie!! She's looking great and everything sounds great. I can't believe she's already 8 months!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a night out. :)
She gets cuter every day!
ReplyDeleteSo cute I can't stand it. So glad she's doing so well!!
ReplyDeleteBtw, this post just came through for me so that's why I'm just now responding.... I wasn't ignoring you! :)