I have been one lazy blogger for the last month or so! So to catch up in the most efficient fashion I'm thinking bullets today, so please bear with me:
- Kylie has illness #29. OMG! I feel so sorry for her. One day she will know what it's like to be healthy for over a month...I promise. This has to be the only thing I really dislike about her being in daycare. I love that she has fun there and enjoys playing with her little friends so much. Maybe if she didn't give her friends so many hugs and kisses she wouldn't get all these colds...but where would the fun in that be?
- This past weekend we got to catch up with our good friends from the town we use to live in. There were six of us adults and 5 kids (ages 3.5, 2.5, 1.5, 11 months and 2 months). We're not outnumbered yet! We had a yummy brunch and watched all the kids play together for a couple hours before disbanding for our various napping locations. Party animals!
- Monitoring cycle has gone ok. E2 was 91 just before O - so that's a little low. Not sure it makes any difference in the chances for a natural FET, I don't think so. My 6DPO progesterone came in at 8.24 which is also low, I believe they want a natural cycle level at 10 or above. But it does indicate ovulation which is good and O was also confirmed in the 6DPO ultrasound. It likely confirms our plan to supplement in the LP with progesterone. We'll be doing another monitoring cycle this next month (see how much hope I have for a natural cycle to work?) and then we'll meet with the doc in late March or early April to put a plan together for our FET in late June or early July.
- I know this is old news but it's too good not to share. The weekend before last we got invited to a surprise 40th b-day party for Mike's boss. His wife was throwing it and the invite said something about an "R rated stripper". We felt politically obligated to go but didn't know anyone except the guest of honor and his wife. The short story is that this was his wifes first stripper experience and it turned out very differently than she planned. Let's just say it did not stay R rated...it went XXX my friends. And the crowd of PhD scientists, spouses and....wait for it...the b-day boys Mom and sister...oh yes....were all stunned. It was our first night out after Kylie had gone down for bed (my Dad came and sat with her). Before the party I was calling it my first adult night back on the town since I hadn't been to a night time house party in over 2 years. I'm no prude but this evening was a little too adult. It did however provide us with endless ammunition for taunting his boss in the future and we will be very cautiously screening any gatherings they might invite us to in the future. You can't make this stuff up!
- Enough bullets you say? Ok, here are some pics:
Showing off her baby blues in her new jean jacket
She BEGGED me to paint her nails the day before Valentine's. She sat so still and even let me blow on them until they were dry. I think it's official, this tomgirl has a girly girl =)
Happy Valentine's Day!
Riding in her friends tractor at our play date on Saturday - she loves tractors!
glad all looks good with the monitoring cycle! =)
ReplyDeleteYour boss story made me laugh! talk about an awkward situation that everyone will be teasing them about for years to come!
I love the denim jacket!! And a girl who sits still? It looks like Ryleigh will have a salon partner-at least if Ryleigh will sit still for a little pampering.
ReplyDeletePoor kylie! I hope she feels better soon!! Very cute photos!!! Wishing you the best with your monitoring! I will continue to hope you will not need to go through the FET.
ReplyDeleteO.M.G. about the boss man party. And his mother was there?!!!! AHHHHH!
ReplyDeleteOMG, I can't believe that about the stripper! Who does that?!
ReplyDeleteAnd that is so cute about Kylie wanting her nails painted and sitting so still!!!
Can't believe she's sick again! Poor kid!
ReplyDeleteLove the jean jacket picture. So gorgeous.
And, holy mackerel, what on earth was she thinking with the stripper?!?!?! Yowsa!!
Love the nail polish!!
ReplyDeleteOMG, who strips at a party????
Love this!! I so hope I have a little girl. Painting nails looks like so much fun! What a big girl to sit there so nice. :) Oh man the party will be one you will never forget ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that the monitoring is going well! Sorry about illness #29 :(. And, OMG! That party sounds out of control! Kylie is absolutely adorable.
ReplyDelete