M found a baby bunny out in the open with two dead siblings on Sunday around 10am =( We brought Peter Cottontail in, put him in a box with soft towels and set out to do some research on how to rehab the bunny. I read that cow milk wasn't good for him but I didn't have any of the recommended kitten milk replacement handy so I gave him a little bit (1cc) of breast milk that I had frozen. Who knew it would come in handy for such a thing? He loved it and nursed on the little dropper (and on my thumb), unbelievably adorable. After talking to vet friends and doing more research I discovered that only 10% of baby bunnies make it when trying to be rehabed. So we searched high and low to find the nest and were finally successful. We put him back in the nest around 10pm and think there was at least one sibling still left in the nest but it was hard to tell since the nest is a narrow hole. We hope that mama came back and our little Peter Cottontail will be up and eating all our flowers in no time!
Oh my gosh, that's the tenny tiniest little bunny I've ever seen! So cute! And I think that's good Karma for you, too. :)
ReplyDeleteWho knew breastmilk could be so versatile! Good job, mama!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I'm glad you were able to find his mama.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, he's so tiny!!!
ReplyDeleteAWww soo adorable!! Behold the many powers of breastmilk ;) Hopefully this little bunnys mom came back and took good care of it!
ReplyDeleteSo tiny and adorable!
ReplyDeleteSweet Jesus, it's so timy and adorable!! I hope he's eating all the flowers in no time too! ;)
ReplyDeleteOh he's just beyond adorable and sweet. I'm so glad you were able to help him (I love that you fed him your frozen breast milk). I hope his mama comes back for him soon!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's the most adorable little critter I have ever seen. You are such a wonderful caretaker!
ReplyDelete