Thursday, July 19, 2012

The New FET Plan

Had a phone consult with my RE yesterday. Apparently the 2mg of estrogen I was on for my "natural" FET likely caused me not to O and have an anovulatory cycle. I've also been having horrible headaches for about a week and they are probably from estrogen withdrawal from stopping the meds. Apparently estrogen is my enemy *LOL* This is all annoying because I didn't want to do the estrogen in the first place but my RE asked me to.  Now that my cycle is all messed up my RE believes that the best chance is with a "programmed" cycle.  So we will move forward with a fully medicated FET (BCPs + Lupron) when AF arrives. If she doesn't arrive on her own by mid next week we will induce with Provera. Looks like two months of hormone hell and mid September before transfer *sigh* At least there's a plan and we're moving forward so that's a plus.

In other news we will be going to visit family in SLC next Thursday for four days.  We haven't taken a trip that involved flying since out nightmare 2 hour scream-fest flight to Portland last August so I'm hoping we have better luck this time around.  It'll be nice to get out of town for a few days and maybe build up our confidence in traveling again *fingers crossed*

Can't resist including a couple pictures of K from last week...she's going through a stage where she doesn't like her picture taken so we have to catch her on the move or settle for a not so happy looking face.  

Sitting in her new hippo chair, which she loves!

Helping get ice for her water cup - this is one of the five pink dresses she's obsessed with =)  She wants to wear a pink dress EVERY day!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry your FET won't be for a couple of months still... glad you have a plan, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for a very successful FET!!

    I love that she has an opinion on what she wears! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE her pigtails!! They are sooo cute!! good luck with the flying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting sucks, but having a plan is always nice. Even if it's not the one you wanted. Anyway, enjoy your little vacation! Should be a short flight, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad they have a new plan for you, even if it's not what you were hoping for.

    K looks too cute in her dress! I can only hope o allows me to dress her girly as she grows ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all ... I am very sorry about the delay and about all the frustration. ART is incredibly invasive. It's like a cruel game with all the meds and protocols and we have close to zero control over it. (((HUGS))) I am crossing my everything the next cycle will go without a hitch.
    You have such a lovely daughter. Love the new pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sucks that you have to wait until September! But glad you have a plan. You're right - we might just be FET cycle buddies...

    K is so incredibly cute! I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete