Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Frustrated but OK

Thanks for all the support on our cancelled FET girls!  It is really frustrating and we'd been looking forward to this since last year, but in the land of IF a girl has to expect some road blocks and I can't really say I'm surprised.  My IVF cycle went so smooth so maybe when I'm fully hopped up on the meds my body will cooperate again.  Now I'm just waiting for AF to get started on the BCPs.  My guess is that transfer will be and the end of August now.  More waiting - lovely.  

One HUGE difference in this wait is our precious little K.  After finding out about the cancelled cycle I left work and picked her up at school.  We went home and played in the yard, snuggled in the grass and sang songs together.  Reminding me once again how worth it the hassle of treatments really is.  After all, how upset can you be when you get to look at this face every day?

9 comments:

  1. You are so right about those smiles can help make even the worst and most frustrating day better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO think it is easier the second time around, because we already have our little ones to love. Still, it's disappointing. Hopefully the next cycle will be the one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, we're like infertility twins! Weird! I'm sorry to hear you were canceled as well. It's so frustrating to do all the preparation and then get nothing out of it. Wishing you the best of luck for a better outcome next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful reminder! This is what I'm hopeful for - when I start IF treatments again, that my little girl will make it easier. Look at that smile - how can you be sad while looking at that face??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry about being on hold again. You have a great plan for the next step and I hope time will fly for you until September.
    She is sooo adorable - I love her piggy tails:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It amazed me how different it was the second time around. I hope the next month goes quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry your cycle got cancelled, but so glad you have that cute little reminder. I hope that your wait goes quickly, and that the medicated cycle gives you another little cutie (or two ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about your FET. I'm glad K is helping make the disappointment better, and it is a powerful reminder that all the hassle is worth it. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blah. But, hopefully everything will be perfect for the delayed time.

    And, seriously, she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete