Monday, July 9, 2012

FET cancelled

GRRR!!!  The u/s showed the largest follicle at 9mm this morning.  My E2 went down from 158 to 97 and my P4 didn't go up enough to indicate ovulation (.15 last time to .17 this time) which likely means I'm not going to ovulate this cycle.  My RE said we could push through with the transfer but that it's a sub-optimal cycle so we elected to cancel.   I had ovulated EVERY cycle since K was born until this one so it's very frustrating.  My RE thinks the best option is a "fully medicated" FET which includes a month of BCPs, Lupron shots, high dose estrogen, etc.  That pushes the timeline back to late Aug or early Sept.  That is the time of year we did our fresh IVF 3 years ago so maybe it's just meant to be =)  Until then I'll be in a hormone whacky state on all the meds *BOO*

10 comments:

  1. Ohhh that is such a disappointment! Why don't our bodies just do what we want them to?! Do you follow Lisa's blog? (She's a mom of another 2 year old Noah). Her FET just got cancelled on Friday... So sucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So frustrating! You are not the only blogger I know that is having problems TTC #2. It seems that your body has decided to mess with you just when you thought everything was ok. It's not fair to make you go through this when you had to fight so hard for the first. Hopefully the meds will make sure everything is lined up right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry. You must be so disappointed. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a bummer! In so sorry it got cancelled!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I'm so sorry. I was hoping for an easy ride for you this time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry Momma! I know how frustrated you must be :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so sorry the natural FET got cancelled! I'll be keeping everything crossed for the next one though!

    ReplyDelete